In 2020 Mercury stations retrograde 3 times on:
June 17 (14 Cancer 46) to July 12 (05 Cancer 30) Mercury in Cancer
October 13 (11 Scorpio 40) to November 03 (25 Libra 54) Mercury in Scorpio
Station Points are Still Points
The retrograde station of any planet represents one of two exact Still Points and since Mercury is usually the fastest moving planet, the Mercury Still Point is often more dramatically felt. The Still Point is a nexus of all possibilities where everything is shifting and changing via our perception.
Whatever sign Mercury is in when it stations direct is the archetypal energy of the collective mind for about 120 days until the next Mercury direct. See the links above for insights on the Mercury Direct energies. Libra will be posted before it happens in November.
Mental benefits include:
- increased mind body coordination and body awareness
- creates a pattern interrupt for the brain to navigate
- mood enhancer
- can help improve sleep cycles
- sharpens memory, thinking and cognitive skills
- can help improve vision
- gets you out of your comfort zone
Body benefits include:
- Improves balance and coordination
- strengthening lesser-used leg muscles
- helps rehabilitate knee injuries
- improves walking technique and form
- burns more calories than forward walking
- strengthens bones and muscles
- boosts energy levels
- elevates body’s metabolism
The retrograde and direct station represent the two Still Points in any planetary cycle and since Mercury is usually the fastest moving planet, the Mercury Still Point is often more dramatically felt. The Still Point is a nexus of all possibilities where everything is shifting and changing via our perception. TS Eliots’ poem on the Still Point is a wonderful description of the station point of any planet.