In 2020 Mercury stations retrograde 3 times on:
June 17 (14 Cancer 46) to July 12 (05 Cancer 30) Mercury in Cancer
October 13 (11 Scorpio 40) to November 03 (25 Libra 54) Mercury in Scorpio
November 3 happens to be the USA national election and the last time we had this happen was in the year 2000 when the election wasn’t decided for a few weeks and then it was decided by the Supreme Court and later when the ballots were recounted it turned out Al Gore had actually won.
So what trickster energy will we experience in the 2020 election with a similar happening along with the Jupiter Saturn conjunction. Here are a few more insights from a joint video I did on this very topic.
Station Points are Still Points
The retrograde station of any planet represents one of two exact Still Points and since Mercury is usually the fastest moving planet, the Mercury Still Point is often more dramatically felt. The Still Point is a nexus of all possibilities where everything is shifting and changing via our perception. See image below from t.s. Elliot on the Still Point
Whatever sign Mercury is in when it stations direct is the archetypal energy of the collective mind for about 120 days until the next Mercury direct. See the links above for insights on the Mercury Direct energies. Libra will be posted before it happens in November.
Mental benefits include:
- increased mind body coordination and body awareness
- creates a pattern interrupt for the brain to navigate
- mood enhancer
- can help improve sleep cycles
- sharpens memory, thinking and cognitive skills
- can help improve vision
- gets you out of your comfort zone
Body benefits include:
- Improves balance and coordination
- strengthening lesser-used leg muscles
- helps rehabilitate knee injuries
- improves walking technique and form
- burns more calories than forward walking
- strengthens bones and muscles
- boosts energy levels
- elevates body’s metabolism
TS Eliots’ poem on the Still Point is a wonderful description of the station point of any planet.